June 1st, 2006 - Open Knowledge
Jun. 1st, 2006
02:41 am - Six idiosyncrasies
1. I have difficulty falling asleep in any other position than on my left side, in the jacknife position.
2. My favorite flavor of gum is Wrigley's sugarfree polar ice. However, I don't like chewing gum after it has lost its flavor. I'll chew for 5 minutes, then spit it out. I often go through 25 sticks of gum before noon.
3. I got my driver's license at age 14. Two weeks later, I turned left into the door of a telephone company truck coming from behind me. (I was in the far right lane, turning left into the Ridley's grocery parking lot.) No one was injured, but I caused $500 damage to the door of the truck. (My car, a 1973 Dodge Coronet, was undamaged.) I was charged with reckless driving, and fined $85.00. My parents were dirt poor (my Dad, who is even more introverted than I am, was trying to sell insurance), and the Dodge was our only form of transportation. So I didn't drive again until the summer of my sophomore year in college. I still don't like to drive, and by all accounts, I drive like a nervous granny.
4. I can talk in a high, falsetto voice reminiscent of Mogwai's voice from Gremlin's. It's apparently quite creepy to hear.
5. I have a fondness for tamarind spoons. The secret ingredient is lead!
6. If I come out of dark theater into bright sunlight, I will frequently sneeze twice.
|← Previous day||(Calendar)||Next day →|